THE RUSSIAN CHEESE MARKET SET TO GROW 11% BY 2023
Cheese market in Russia on course for growth
According to the recent ‘Cheese Market in Russia: Research and Forecast until 2023’ study by marketing agency ROIF Expert, the cheese market in Russia is set to grow 11% by 2023.
Russian-produced cheese dominates the market, accounting for 70% of all purchased cheese over the past three years, according to the study.
Another study, this time made by the AB-Center agribusiness analytical centre on the milk and dairy products market shows that:
- The total industrial production of cheese and cheese products in 2018 amounted to 1,160,900 tonnes, which is 1.4% (16,100 tonnes) more than in 2017.
- In the 5 years since 2013, volumes have risen 45.1% (360,600 tonnes).
In an interview for business magazine Agroinvestor, Artem Belov, General Director of the National Union of Dairy Producers Soyuzmoloko spoke about a significant increase in cheese consumption. “Positive dynamics were noted for the first time in at least the last five years,” he said. Belov is sure that the growth is down to several factors:
- The demand for several categories of available products such as fresh cheese has increased.
- Legislation has toughened regarding cheese-like products: labelling rules have made this category more transparent for consumers; imports of cheese products from non-EU and non-EEA countries, primarily from Ukraine, were limited.
- Several large projects were launched that had a major affect on market conditions and led to increased competition and price adjustments in the first four months of 2019.
Want to grow your business on the Russian cheese market?
DairyTech | Dairy & Meat Industry 2020 is Russia’s only international exhibition featuring the full range of equipment for milk processing and dairy production, attracting professionals from across the dairy sector.
Exhibiting gives you the opportunity to find new customers and meet existing ones by presenting your products live to more than 6,500 dairy industry professionals from 78 regions of Russia and 43 different countries.
The show will host a popular annual event dedicated to the cheese-making industry, gathering all interested market players. Each year, DairyTech brings together a large number of cheese-makers interested in the production of cheese: both experienced industrial producers and brand-new players just entering the market.